Benchmarks are a great way to view aggregated data in median values. To create your own MFI benchmarks on MIX Market, follow these steps:
1. From the MIX Market home page, click on Microfinance Institutions link at the top.
2. Click on Benchmarks in the sub-menu.
3. Select the data set you would like to benchmark (Region, Country, and Charter Type). Then click Next.
4. Select the data source, the year for data to be used, and Peer Groups (or select All).
5. Click Go. Please note, that benchmarks for peer groups with fewer than 3 members will not be displayed and you should broaden your criteria in this case.
6.The graphs displayed on the screen show values from the 25th percentile to the 75th percentile, with the median midpoints indicated.
7. To print the report or download the data to excel, click the Download Data button to the right of the Microfinance Benchmarks of MFIs title.